The idea of getting nail polish out of carpet seems to be a nightmare. It is a difficult thing to do. Besides, there is a possibility that the accident might make your favorite carpet no longer the same.
However, this incident might not be able to avoid. As your time (and money) is too limited for calling in professional services, the only way is to polish your nails at home. As you are not very expert, then the disaster happened.
Even so, you do not need to worry too much. Every problem has a solution. If your self-manicure moment ends in serious disaster, you can still get the carpet cleaned with some simple tricks as well as general substances. Here we go now!
- 1. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Sugar or Table Salt
- 2. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Hydrogen Peroxide
- 3. Using a Baking Soda
- 4. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Hairspray
- 5. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Windex
- 6. Using Vinegar
- 7. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with OxiClean
- 8. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Its Remover
- 9. Other Tricks to Try
1. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Sugar or Table Salt
Sugar and table salt is known to have a great ability to remove stains, but it should be noted that these two substances would only be very effective if used on the wet nail polish stain.
To get the carpet cleaned, immediately sprinkle sugar or table salt on a wet stain. Let stand briefly until the crystal beads absorb the stain slowly. If the paint material has been turned into crystals, just shake over the area and clean them easily.
2. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Hydrogen Peroxide
Some people use hydrogen peroxide as the final weapon to get nail polish out of carpet. This material is known to be effective at cleaning stains of paint. However, you still need to be careful as this cleanser has a bleaching effect.
Before using hydrogen peroxide, try doing a test to see the bleaching effect. If it seems safe, just drop a little of this solution on the stain. Afterward, blot it gently until nail polish disappears.
3. Using a Baking Soda
Baking soda is known as a strong substance for cleaning various stubborn stains. You can also try to get nail polish out of carpet. To be more effective, you can combine it with ginger ale.
First, sprinkle baking soda over the nail polish stain on the carpet. Afterward, pour some ginger ale over it. Let stand for about 10 minutes until the baking soda dries, then rub in a circular motion. After the stain is clean, wash, and dry the carpet immediately.
4. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Hairspray
Surprisingly, this beauty item can also be used to get nail polish out of carpet. As it contains alcohol inside, the hairspray is quite effective in removing any paint.
To get the nail polish out of the carpet, spray it on a piece of cloth, then start cleaning the carpet that was hit by paint. Please do not rub while cleaning, but try to pull the stain slowly to avoid the stain to be wider.
5. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Windex
Windex is a brand of glass and hard surface cleaner, which is invented by Drackett Company in 1933. For decades, this product has been believed to be able to clean various stubborn dirt and crust. Later, it was also used to clean the spilled paint on fabric.
Using Windex to get nail polish out of carpet is very easy. You should spray it on the dirty area. Let it soak for about a minute, and then wipe it gently. However, you should be careful while doing this. Do not rub it too hard, as it will make your problem more complicated.
6. Using Vinegar
Using nail-polish-out-of-carpet vinegar is another good trick to try. The trick is to wet the stained area with the liquid. Put with a towel, which has also been moistened with the same substance. Then blot and scrub the dirty part until the paint disappears.
7. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with OxiClean
Does OxiClean do the trick? Frankly speaking, some people are not sure about it. Not surprisingly, this one substance often leaves annoying stains when it comes to fabric. As a result, many people are trying to keep them away from their favorite clothes.
However, some experiments prove that this substance also can remove stubborn stains, including those caused by paint. However, you must do a test first before using it to find out its effect on objects that are affected by the stain.
8. How to Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet with Its Remover
Some of you might think that the only effective cleanser for getting nail polish out of carpet is acetone, but you need to know that it is not true. Acetone is indeed very effective at cleaning polish on the nails, but the same thing will not happen to the fabric.
Instead of being clean, the spilled nail polish remover on carpet will cause damage to the fabric. Even so, you can still rid of the stain by using zero-acetone cleansers. The trick is to spill it on the affected area, then clean it using the methods we have discussed above.
9. Other Tricks to Try
Using the above substances is a popular way to get nail polish out of carpet. However, the cleaning process should be done properly. The followings are some tips and notes to avoid further damage.
- Do it quickly – Acting fast is the key to getting nail polish out of carpet effectively. Do not let the stain dried because it will be difficult to clean.
- Doing some tests – The cleaning substance might have a bad effect on the fabric. Therefore, make sure always to do the test before using it on the carpet.
- When it is too late – In some cases, you might not realize the mistake until it’s too late. However, when the stain dries, you can still use the substances above. Nevertheless, the stain will not go by rubbing. You have to scrape it with metal so it can be clean.
- Wash and dry – After removing the stain, you must clean the carpet well. Use soap, at least on the spilled parts, and then rinse with warm water. Do not forget to dry it after washing.
Those are some brief explanations of how to get nail polish out of carpet. Although there are ways to clean it, careful thinking and action are more important as you never know what can be happened if you make a careless mistake.