The book storage ideas are one part of the spatial planning concept that gets a lot of attention. Considering the literature as valuable treasures in modern human life, people do the best arrangement system to utilize it well. The placement is systematical and well grouping.
However, as time goes by, the understanding of book storage has shifted a lot during decades. More than just a systematic arrangement of knowledge, books also become part of the decoration of the room, while a library is known as an ‘amusement park’ inside the home.
The Importance of the Book Storag at Home
Some people may ask how we need to explore the book storage ideas into a home. Then the most classical answer is to protect valuable literature in life. Of course, it is indeed very appropriate.
Reading culture must be improved to achieve a better life. The best arrangement will make us continue reading. However, it is undeniable that many people do it for other purposes, such as decoration. Here are some benefits of implementing good book storage ideas.
- Reminding us to read and read again.
- Keeping the book in good condition and avoiding damage so we can continue to read over generations.
- Everyone has books. In case you have too many books, the wrong placement will make a mess and a bad view.
- The book is now one of the favorite decorations because of its light-weightiness, practicality, and aesthetic value.
- Book storage ideas do not have to be costly. You can make it at home by exploring your custom design.
- It is easy to remodel.
Applying Your Book Storage Ideas at Home
• Book Storage Ideas for Kids’ Room
Organizing children’s room needs special treatment, including the book storage ideas. Unlike adults, they tend to feel curious about many things. Therefore, parents must take advantage by enabling them to learn many useful new things.
One way to get them to learn is to put something that can attract attention. Children usually like something striking in terms of color, movement, shape, and so forth. These unique objects must be good for learning media. Here are some things to consider.
- Making a child’s room is always neat is almost impossible. Therefore, you need practical storage media that can hold everything quickly. Instead of using artistic shelves, it is better to use colorful cube shelving.
- Children are always interested in something flashy. Therefore, the colorful and attractive furniture, such as shelving boxes, will be a great idea. Besides storage, it will also sharpen the motor nerves, as children will always try to reach, touch, and learn them.
- The best way to get them used to read is by bringing the literature closer to them. Try to place a wall book sling next to their bed and put something like magazines, comics, or another something fun. For a cheap alternative, you can search this book storage ideas DIY around the internet.
- You have to put the appropriate reading materials to digest. Putting books with many pictures will help them learn. Also, do not forget to read it for them.
- Finally yet importantly, you should make the books accessible to the children. Keep the literature in a low place so that they can enjoy anytime without having difficulty.
While it must be done carefully, applying the book storage ideas for children can be very fun. The main point is that you have to integrate it with various toys and interesting things to help their learning process.
• Book Storage Ideas for Bedroom
Applying book storage ideas for an adult’s bedroom may not be as difficult for children. All you have to do is to put things according to your taste, budget, and capability.
To get a good book storage ideas bedroom, you can start by choosing the right furniture. It must be adjustable with the shape and condition of the room, as well as the number of books to be displayed.
You can only place many books in your room after making sure that everything is under control. They should be neat in the arrangement, as the too crowded room will make you uncomfortable which leads to a bad mood and less quality of sleep.
If you are still confused about room arrangement, just look at some available references. Try to see any book storage ideas IKEA presented in their pages or brochures. So many fun ideas you can find there.
• Book Storage Ideas for Bathroom
Have you ever imagined having a library in a bathroom? It sounds unusual but has been applied widely, even by public figures. Realizing their love of reading, some people bring a beautiful library concept to their private room.
No more wasting time as they can read while defecating, soaking, or other things that make them wait. However, if you use this method, you must ensure that the reading materials are safe from splashes of water and other damaging factors.
• Building a Book Storage Garage
Turning a garage into a useful room is also a popular idea currently. You can transform some unused spot into a cool library just by placing cheap book storage IKEA sold in their stores. After that, you can decorate it well according to taste.
It’s such a cool interior design, right?
Some Additional Notes for Your Book Storage Ideas
Building a private library can be cheap book storage ideas. However, it is not merely about designing. You should consider several things to make it balance and under control. Please take note of the points below.
- Unless you want to build a real library, you should not place books in one room, as the too many books will give make it crowded.
- If you choose to place books in several rooms, do not forget to classify them by type to avoid them scattered.
- If you do not have a lot of space to place books separately, please choose storage with the lid to make the pile invisible.
- Always provide a table and chairs near the storage. Besides reading, furniture is also a nice and sweet decoration. Please check the book storage ideas Pinterest shown for inspiration.
- Putting a mattress or bed in the reading room is not a good idea. It will make you forget about the neatness.
- Provide an empty spot to place books that have been or will be read, but do not forget to keep returning them to their original place.
That is all about the book storage ideas for now. Remember that you always have a chance to explore creativity to make the best spatial arrangement at home. It does not cost a lot as you can use some unused furniture to build your private library.